Monday, October 6, 2008

Religulous



I saw this movie over the weekend and wanted to share it with my readers. I love Bill Maher, I think he's a great comedian even if I don't agree with everything he says and believes. A number of Christians on youtube who haven't even watched the movie are calling for a boycott of the movie, which was to be expected, but usually when things like that happen, they end up giving more visibility to the film :)

Some of the scenes were brilliant, like the visit to the muslim side of the temple in Jerusalem where the imam said they allowed women - and then clarified that they had their 'own little corner'. He then went on to say that muslims were tolerant and that they allowed people of all religions into the temple - and then another muslim intruded and insisted to have the Jew expelled from the temple ... there's also an interview with a paranoid leader of the cannabis cult in Amsterdam. I don't want to give away much more - watch it! Looks like all the bad karma that organized religions have accrued is catching up with them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just saw the film yesterday and thought Maher did a good job. Nothing I haven't thought myself, but maybe he will reach other people. And it does make you think about beliefs you hold without even realizing what those are.